Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Welcome Wednesday with Hugs & Love by Sabrina

Please join me in a big 'ol "HOWDY" for Sabrina and her Etsy shop Hugs & Love by Sabrina for Welcome Wednesday!



A fellow Tennessee Etsian who offers a rather unique item that I was not even aware existed...weighted blankets for individuals with sensory disorder. So please welcome my friend Sabrina!


Little Girl Receiving Blanket
What is the first creative memory you have? 

Hm, that is a tough one as I have always been one to try different, creative things.

What or whom inspired you to begin creating your craft? 

I started sewing for my daughter. She was getting a doll from Santa and I wanted to make some bedding for a cradle that I had when I was little. So I borrowed a sewing machine, made the bedding...and some clothes for her, and another blanket. :)

How did you come up with your shop name? 

Something I have said for a long time to people that was hurting or sick or was just sad, was hugs and lots of love. So when trying to think of a unique name, I chose Hugs & Love by Sabrina. I want my customers to know that with each item, I send a hug and love.

Describe your creations

A little bit of everything, lol. My main selling item is the weighted sensory blankets, which I started making due to my daughter being diagnosed with SPD and her OT recommended one. But I also enjoy making receiving blankets and applique baby bodysuits.

Eagle Silhouette Body Suit


What inspires you? 

Colors, patterns, my daughter, my family, just life in general

What do you listen to or watch while creating? 

Depending on my mood, I either have Pandora or my MP3 playing (which ranges from country to 60's music, to pop) or I just sew in silence.

Please share a favorite recipe

Crockpot Ham! It is super easy and yummy. You get a boneless centerpiece ham, take off all wrappings, put it in your crockpot, pour dark soda (I use Dr. Pepper) over half of the ham, cook on low for about 6 to 8 hours. Serve with your fav sides!

What is one thing you cannot live without? 
Baby Bib and Burp Cloth Set


My family! But material wise, sadly it is my cell phone. :(

Where can we find you? 

Etsy
Facebook
Twitter: @tngal1977
Blog
Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, your "howdy's" and "hello's"...thank you for following and I appreciate your comments.